Friday, September 21, 2012

Dear Scott Brown,

Hello, my name is Brittany Gallant. I'm a sophomore at Triton Regional High School. I've done some research on the 2012 campaign for senate and I do give you credit on what you've stood for; abortion, health care, and tax cuts. These are all great accomplishments that have helped Massachusetts. But what have you done for the middle class? You may have said you'd like to help them, but how? The middle class being treated the way they are with taxes and what not is the biggest concern right now and should be a top priority. Almost, if not more then (depending on what you consider "middle class") 50% of the population is middle class. Most of our people are middle class, so why does the least percent (upper class) pay the least in taxes? Get the best benefits in healthcare and education? This shouldn't be going on anymore. The middle class is the glue to our country; it keeps us together. If I were you that would be at the top of my list of things to do. I'd make sure that the middle class got treated better than the upper class, because they're working harder, getting less pay, and paying more. Even the lower class gets better benefits. As for me, I'm growing up in a middle class family, and I know the struggle my parents face to pay taxes. My friend's parents as well. And then there are people that are more than well off, have no worry in the world, and get treated like royalty. Some of them their parents only work one job. They go on luxury vacations, get into great schools, etc. Which brings up another concern of mine. Why should people with more money get a better education? Do they deserve better than I? It's not fair; and I know "Life's not fair" and all, but come on. This is education we're talking about. That's something that we need to keep our country going. So why do I have to pay thousands to get a good education when my teacher went to the same school as one at a public school. It doesn't make sense and I think you should fix these things because they are very important. Thank you.


Brittany Gallant

No comments:

Post a Comment